The Unit of Electrical Engineering at the Faculty of Information Technology and Communication, Tampere University, opens a University lecturer position in microelectronics circuit design.
We are seeking a Microelectronics circuit design University lecturer to join our team in Tampere University. As the University lecturer, you will have the responsibility for teaching and shaping the curriculum in the field of microelectronics circuit design, with a focus on analog/mixed-signal/RF integrated circuit design. Your role will involve delivering high-quality, research-based teaching, guiding, and inspecting theses, contributing to the national and international development of the field, and collaborating in the joint development of the degree program. Additionally, you will foster connections with stakeholders and higher education networks, both nationally and internationally, and provide support to students in integrating into the working life.
The tasks include:
- Responsibility for the teaching and profile of microelectronics circuit design, especially analog/mixed-signal/RF integrated circuit design as part of the curriculum
- Conduct high-quality research-based teaching in the field of study.
- Participation in the guidance and inspection of theses.
- Contribute to the national and international development of the field of study through active involvement in collaborations and research initiatives.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the joint development of the degree program, ensuring its relevance and alignment with industry standards and advancements.
- Promote connections with stakeholders and the higher education networks both nationally and internationally.
- Support students’ integration into working life.
For the University Lecturer position, we require:
- Applicable doctoral degree
- Proven ability to undertake independent scholarly activity.
- Ability to provide broad and high-quality research-based teaching and instruction.
- Good command of English language
- Good cooperation and interaction skills
- Proven expertise and professional experience in microelectronics circuit design (e.g., analog/mixed-signal/RF integrated circuit design).
- Strong knowledge and expertise of current trends, tools, and methodologies in microelectronics circuit design.
The following will also be taken into account as advantages in the selection process:
- Active involvement in international scientific activities and networks
- Studies in pedagogy, pedagogic competence, and experience in curriculum development
- Involvement in teaching-related networks and activities
- Strong industrial collaboration experience, demonstrating the ability to bridge academic and industry perspectives
- Familiarity with modern semiconductor technologies and their applications
The closing date for applications is 11th of September 2023 (at 23.59 EEST / UTC +3).